Sunday 17 July 2011

KEVIN MITCHELL exorcised the demons of his defeat to Michael Katsidis


Kevin Mitchell in the eighth round previous night by John Murray, Michael Katsidis break to defeat the demons exorcised.

Mitchell 26-years-old had not been started in boxing field since being demolished inside three rounds by Aussie bruiser Katsidis in May 2010.

But no sign he revealed of ring rust at London's Liverpool's Echo Arena as he became the first man to defeat Murray.

And West Ham fan Mitchell instantly set his sights on a world title shot after picking up the vacant WBO inter-continental lightweight crown.

He said: "I was a long time out and people said, 'Don't go back in with John Murray'.

"But I knew for a long time that I wanted to fight and I wasn't here to mess about.

"I messed about in the last fight and that was down to me.

"But this time there was no messing around. I'm back and I'm flying.

"It was a great British classic. John is a true champion — what a strong guy he is.

"He could have taken a world title fight but he wanted to take me on. I've got a lot of love for John for doing that."

No comments:

Post a Comment