Sunday 5 June 2011

Kevin Mitchell: “I’ve got another chance now against Murray"

Kevin Mitchell has admitted it will be difficult to turn back if he loses to John Murray that he WBO Intercontinental lightweight title in July when to meet.

The Dagenham Destroyer and the Mancunian will fight at the Frank Warren Promotions event, entitled North ‘n’ South at the ExCeL Arena on 9th Saturday July.

Mitchell, a former world title challenger, said: “This will be an absolute classic.
“I let myself down, my family down and my fans down when I wasn’t properly prepared for the Michael Katsidis fight.

“I’ve got another chance now against Murray, and I plan on taking it.

“Murray’s a great fighter and I have got massive respect for him. But when I am at my best, I will beat him.

“If I lose it will be hard to come back, that’s why winning is my only option.
But Murray, who has vacated his European title in order to focus on Mitchell, hit back by promising victory.

“I've seen a lot of Kevin’s fights, and I am preparing for the very best he can possibly be,” said the undefeated Mancunian.

“But even that won’t be good enough.

“I don't care that I am coming into Mitchell’s backyard, it will just make it all the sweeter when I knock him out.”

No comments:

Post a Comment